Teeth straightening treatments have really come a really long way since traditional metal braces. Now there are more options such as Clear Correct Aligners and Invisalign in Townsville.
At Deeragun Dental, our dentists in Townsville currently offer clear aligners, a quick and discrete orthodontic treatment that is able to correct a range of misalignment issues in teens and adults. But are they better than braces? To help you decide which option may be better for you, here’s a brief rundown of both treatments and how they work.
Clear Correct Aligners
Clear Correct is a clear aligner used to straighten teeth. It is popular as an alternative to traditional braces. It works by straightening teeth using a series of clear, custom-made, removable aligners that gradually move teeth a little bit at a time, eventually correcting the teeth and smile to elicit a new, revitalised look.
- Discrete appearance, our clear aligners in Townsville are almost invisible!
- Quicker treatment time than braces
- Wearable, you can easily wear them and take them off yourself
- Easy to clean and maintain
- More comfortable than metal braces, no sharp brackets
- Suitable for teenagers and adult patients
- Less periodic check-ups to the dentist during treatment
- Not applicable for severely misaligned teeth or complex cases
- Clear aligner patients need to remember to wear their aligners for the right amount of time during the day
Traditional braces are made up of brackets that are glued to the teeth. Wires are placed over the brackets and gradually tightened by your Orthodontist to adjust your smile over a longer period of time.
- Generally effective for all cases of dental misalignment
- Sometimes cost less than aligners
- Coloured bands and brackets available
- Metal appearance over your teeth
- Can be difficult to eat certain foods
- Difficult to clean as food can get stuck in braces
- Can block certain areas
- Less comfortable
How much do braces and clear aligners cost?
The cost of braces and clear aligner costs in Townsville can vary considerably for each patient. This depends on their individual case, treatment plan, a patient following their dentist’s instructions and private health insurance. Generally in Australia, the costs are quite similar.
So, Are Aligners Better?
Unfortunately, the answer depends on your individual situation! For patients with mild dental misalignment who value a more discrete appearance and quicker treatment time, aligners tend to be a much more desirable option. If your case is more on the complex side, aligners may not be a suitable option but braces may be.
Book A Clear Correct Consultation With Our Dentist In Townsville
If you are self-conscious about having crooked, overcrowded, or misaligned teeth, clear aligners might be a solution for you. Now that you have a better understanding of how this popular treatment works, the next step is to book a consultation to see if it is suitable for your situation. Book an appointment online today to talk about Clear Aligners at Deeragun Dental with our friendly dentists.